The Ashen Vendetta Server Play Guide
Ashen Vendetta was a high level raid guild on the Innoruuk Server that dominated from Kunark through Planes of Power. This server was created by a few of the founding members of that guild that played from release in 1999 until around 2004.
The Ashen Vendetta server is for casual players that like to raid and hate the grind. It's a server that will give nostalgia feels without a big time commitment. Players can make it from a fresh level 1, to end game content (currently Velious and Luclin) in a week or two - thanks to accelerated leveling and bots.
Some important things to consider before playing on this server:
- The server operator is a berzerker named Irongut, and uses a GM named Racoon to address issues. Contact him if you have problems in game or on Discord.
- Downtime will be posted in Discord and scheduled for non-peak times in the US Eastern time zone on a weekday - unless something is really messed up requiring immediate downtime.
- Only the RoF2 client is supported. Please grab the custom spells_us file from the link below. Some zones use the old zone files (also see below).
- New players will be given a set of starting equipment dependent on class and some money.
- Most races can start in the classic racial home city, or Plane of Knowledge (some races may only start in POK).
- Mines of Gloomingdeep is not an optional starting location for any race/class.
- Experience loss on death is minimal, and once a player reaches the server max level (currently 60), the death experience penalty is removed.
- Mob corpses are available to loot by everyone with no delay! This speeds up looting for people who multibox and those in raids.
- Defiant items do not drop on this server, and fabled named mobs do not spawn.
- Some zones like Cazic Thule and Lavastorm are changed in order to be very close to the original versions, including item drops (rubicite). This change is not exact, with some additional new loot added and a few new named mobs.
- Numerous other zones have been tweaked: spawn rates, item quality, mob difficulty and number/location of named creatures.
- Some zones with key access have either had the keys removed (The Hole, Vex Thal), or key acquirement was simplified (Veeshan's Peak keys drop off of Trakanon).
- Reagents are no longer required for most spells.
- Food/drink consumption is greatly reduced.
- Combat hit point, endurance and mana regen is about 15% higher than live EQ.
- Out of combat regen starts 30 seconds after combat completes.
- The "lore" flag on items (preventing ownership of more than 1) is not used on this server. This greatly aids item mangement with bots.
- Item augments have been eliminated from the server and will never drop.
- Full expansions beyond Planes of Power will not be enabled. Some utility zones may be enabled, however, as well as potential custom content created using newer expansion's zones (nothing planned).
- Auto scribe and auto skill occur for each level gained. If for some reason a spell is missing, contact the server operator on Discord or a GM in game.
- This is a relaxed server. Any annoying, exploiting or overly dramatic players will be kicked. Just chill and have a good time!
The Plane of Knowledge is the general game "hub". Many new NPCs exist to support play, including armor and weapons vendors for bots, as well as food, bags and potion vendors for players. There are also vendors that can port you to select dungeon/raid zones, but remember the standard Knowledge Portal stones work for free!
Use the command #custom to get a list of custom commands. There are only a few at this time, but they are helpful.
Custom files (place into your EQ client directory, make sure you back up the original file first!)
Map files (place into your EQ client directory/maps directory, make sure you back up the original file first!)
AV server uses the original Nektulos and Lavastorm zones. To get them to display properly, do the following:
Delete or rename the following files inside your Everquest directory:
- Bots are available to all players at level 5.
- Each player can spawn 11 in game, out of a total created limit of 72.
- A bot with an underscore in its name will not spawn after creation, wasting a slot - so don't bother trying.
- ^help will list all bot commands available, including botgroup commands (for managing bots outside of your group).
- Ranger bots set to ^archer mode must have a bow and arrows in the ammo slot. May arrows default to the powersource slot, so give the bot a stack of cheap arrows first for the powersource slot and then give the stack of good arrows for the ammo slot.
- Bots set to ^stance 0 will not buff, but cleric bots will still heal.
- Bots are buggy and tempermental, certainly when mixed with raids - but most of these problems can be resolved by camping or completely diconnecting.
- Although bot related bugs are not something the server operator will spend time fixing, new updates from the EQEMU contributors will be merged into the server's source code as they are made available.
- Long duration AFK with bots is allowed. Player assumes all risk when AFK in a dangerous spot!
We've had a small, dedicated group playing for months. They know the "ins and outs" of the server. Don't hesitate to ask then questions or make requests. Many of the quality of life improvements came from player ideas, questions and requests.
Last Updated May 17, 2019